Tannus Armour has been developed with our patented Aither technology. A multi-cell foam compound that is lightweight, flexible yet incredibly durable. Aither is the culmination of 10 years of Tannus development within the tyre industry Tannus Armour is a foam insert that sits between your inner tube and tyre, providing an additional layer of protection against 4 main types of damage.
SHARP OBJECTS | SIDEWALL TEARS | RIM STRIKES | PINCH FLATS VIBRATION DAMPENING
The Armour very noticeably absorbs a huge amount of the vibration from the ground (eg. rock strikes) and dissipates the energy evenly in the tube. The result is a much smoother, quieter, more comfortable and compliant ride.
- LOWER PSI – The Armours near 360° bead-to-bead, protection gives sidewall structure to the tyre, allowing us to ride at much lower pressures without the tyre deforming and becoming slow and difficult to handle.
- PUNCTURE PROTECTION – Armour eliminates 90% of all punctures due to its reinforced sidewall and underside protection.
- INCREASED GRIP – Run at lower pressures for increased grip in wet conditions and loose rock.
- INCREASED COMFORT – Armour absorbs vibration for a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- RUN FLAT – If you do get a flat tyre you can still ride for a limited period at up to 6mph without damaging your wheel.
- FAST ROLLING – Engineered to minimise rolling-resistance (drag), Tannus Armour provides the ultimate balance of speed and protection.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Installing the Armour is as quick and easy as installing a regular tyre and is maintenance free.